Friday 14 April 2017

Welcome to Toucan Bluff

Toucan Bluff is an "off the grid" freehold in the Maya Mountain foothills of Western Belize, Central America. This blog will be about life here in the bush and my professional life and activities as a singer/songwriter here in "The Jewel."
My wife and I bought a farm on the banks of the Macal River in Western Belize over 20 years ago. We retired early from our University posts up in the States and took up life here in the bush - no water, no power, doing laundry and bathing in the river and using kerosine lamps for light. Its been quite a journey to today's luxuries of clean rainwater collection and solar power. We spend our energies on reforestation, providing rich habitat for local wildlife, and pursuing our personal interests. In my case, that would include teaching self defense and martial arts and pursuing my new career as a singer?songwriter.
I have been writing and performing songs for many year but it is only recently that I have decided to take the next step and record and distribute the music. At this time I have two CDs available on the internet. Bittersweet Dreams and A Quiet Man are available for preview on Youtube and purchase from cdbaby.com, iTunes, etc for download, and Spotify, Apple Music, and many other sources for streaming. Look up those titles by Doktah D and you should find them. Two more albums are in the works and should be out soon. I will announce them here.

I am new to social media and am likely to be pretty clumsey in my attempt. Still, I hope to combine a bit of a look at our life here in the jungle with keeping you up to date with events in my musical journey. I guess it all comes down to noise. Between the Howler Monkeys out side the bedroom window last night, the parrots in the Camito and Cedar trees this morning, and my dissonant howlings as a singer, "the quiet life" here in the bush is not so much!

Talk to you soon, Doktah D

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blog land....there's a "gadget" you can put on your page that will let people sign up for the blog and get it via email... let me go look at how I did it for my blogs....
    Ann

    ReplyDelete